Online Mentor Application
To fill out a Mentor Application online please click the 'Online Mentor Application' button to the right.
Printable Mentor Application
To view the PDF printable Mentor Application click here: Mentor Application
The mission of Cov's Kids Mentoring Program is to empower at-risk youth in our community to make positive life choices that enable them to maximize their personal potential in both their community and family.
Cov's Kids is a community-based mentoring program that uses outdoor activities such as fishing and bow hunting to teach self-confidence and inspire life-long growth. Our mentors give support, guidance, and friendship to at-risk youth in the greater Littler Rock area.
Do you enjoy the great outdoors and working with kids, then why not become a mentor for Cov's Kids?
It is the policy of Cov's Kids Mentoring Program that each mentor must meet the defined eligibility criteria.
- Mentees must be at least 21 years of age or older and reside in the Little Rock metropolitan area.
- Be willing to adhere to all Cov's Kids' Mentoring Program policies and procedures.
- Agree to a one-year commitment to the program.
- Commit to spending a minimum of eight hours each month with the mentee.
- Be willing to communicate with the mentee weekly.
- Complete screening procedures.
- Agree to attend mentor training as required.
- Be willing to communicate regularly with the program coordinator and submit monthly meeting and activity information.
- Have access to an automobile or reliable transportation.
- Have a current driver's license, auto insurance, and good driving record.
- Have a clean criminal history. No active warrants.
- Have never been accused, arrested, charges, or convicted of child abuse or molestation.
- Not be a user of illicit drugs.
- Not use alcohol or controlled substances in an excessive or inappropriate manner.
- Not be currently in treatment for substance abuse.
- Not currently be under treatment for a mental disorder or have been hospitalized for a mental disorder in the past three years.
- Not have falsified information during the course of the screening process.
Find out more...
We'd love to hear from you! Contact us to learn more about how you can become a Cov's Kid, mentor, or sponsor today!